Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Little Red Engine that Wished He Could



Sunday, September 13, 2015

Weather has been about perfect for over here. We are able to even have breakfast at the picnic table. It is a fishing day today (that is what the trip is all about afterall).  The Tracker is really nice for the fishermen. Holds their gear and all three as they make it out to the beach. Weekends are really busy along the fishing hole, and they had to go out farther than usual. The rest of us walked out to join them for a while. I'm getting all my days mixed up since I haven't been blogging every day (as if you hadn't noticed), but I think Sunday was a no catch day. We took the campers out and got spots along the access road, and just generally enjoyed the day.



As the guys were coming in off the river they noticed what they thought was trouble ahead. Yep, there was a stuck vehicle a little way off the main driving ruts. There was a family out there with an SUV, and it looked like they were in down to the axle. We could see they had a shovel and in trying to get out were ever going deeper. We can't take the campers out there to help them out, and the poor little Tracker just doesn't have enough muscle. Oh well, they drove the Tracker out to at least see if they could help. Pretty soon we saw them put the Tracker in front and hook up a tow rope. It looked kind of laughable.


But you could hear the Tracker saying To The Rescue! and as everyone was pushing, it tried. Poor little thing really tried, but no luck. But it wouldn't give up and take no for an answer. It tried again, saying I Think I Can, I Think I Can. Still couldn't. Try Again! I Know I Can, I Know I Can. IT MOVED A LITTLE BIT!!!!!
I can do it, I know I can! And with everyone out there pushing both vehicles, SUCCESS. And the little engine that could, did. And it pulled it all the way out to the road.
The little red engine was so proud, and the previously stuck family very grateful. Barney told us later that the shovel we thought they had was a little plastic sand bucket shovel.

We've been enjoying a campfire every evening with marshmallows to roast, but still turn in early so we can read for a while.

Stay tuned. This is not the last adventure for the little red engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment